Academic contest in social sciences
25 November, 2020
Georgian National University SEU announces an open competition for the position of Assistant Professor in the International Relations Program at the Faculty of Social Sciences.
- Assistant Professor - 2 vacancies with professional eligibility;
To participate in the competition, the contestant must meet the relevant academic or professional eligibility for the relevant vacancy, according to the following criteria.
- For the academic position of Assistant Professor:
1.1. Academic eligibility:
- A) Academic degree of Doctor or equivalent scientific degree;
- B) Scientific publication(s) published during the last 5 years in the field of the relevant course(s);
- C) Vision of the implementation of the training course in the relevant field (at least 3 courses).
- A) Master's degree or equivalent academic degree;
- B) At least 3 years of work experience in the relevant field related to practical work in leading positions in the field (the content of practical work can be specified depending on the specifics of the program);
- C) Scientific publication(s) published during the last 10 years in the field of the relevant course(s);
- D) Vision of the implementation of the training course in the relevant field (at least 3 courses).
- Practical experience of working in the field;
- Participation in scientific conferences, scientific scholarships and grants;
- Participation in professional development activities;
- Command of English at B2 level;
- Competence to lead courses in English Language/
Documents to be submitted for the competition:
- Application for participation in the competition with an indication of the relevant academic position and direction.
- Contestant Form.
- A copy of the identity document.
- Relevant documentation of the criteria set for the competition vacancy: educational documents certifying the qualification, information on professional experience, published scientific papers, etc.
- Documentation confirming the competitor's compliance with the additional criteria.
- Vision of the training courses to be implemented by the contestant (description and/or syllabus, in the amount determined for the relevant competition vacancy).
Stages of the competition:
- Selection of documents submitted by the contestants (in the absence of the contestants)
- Interview with the competition commission (may include conducting a mock lecture)
- The competition application and relevant documents must be submitted within the deadlines for submission of the contest documents.
- The commission is authorized to check the accuracy of the information and documentation submitted by the applicant and/or to request the applicant to submit additional documentation. In case of requesting additional documentation, the person will be admitted to the next stage of the competition provided that the relevant documentation is submitted.
- The resume sent by the candidate to Georgian National University SEU in accordance with the Law of Georgia on Personal Data Protection may contain personal data, including data of a special category. Please be informed that your personal data will be processed by Georgian National University SEU for the purposes of making a contract with you, including the decision to establish a labor relationship. Also, the resume you submitted may not be considered for this vacancy due to vacancy requirements or may be reserved for another relevant vacancy.
Conditions for selection of contestants:
- A) In the first stage by selecting the submitted documentation, determining the completeness of the documentation and the compliance of their applications with the main criteria;
- B) In the second stage by the competition commission with each of the main criteria of the contestant, and in case the number of contestants exceeds the number of relevant vacancies, as well as by assessing the compliance with the additional criteria;
- C) An affiliation agreement will be signed with the selected candidates.
- The competition is announced from December 28, 2020
- Applications for academic positions will be accepted from January 29, 2021 to February 7, 2021.
- The first stage of the competition of selection of documents will be held on February 8-11, 2021.
- The second stage of the interview with the competition commission will be held on February 15-19, 2021 (the exact date and time of the interview will be announced to the candidate after passing the first stage of the competition).
- The list of entrants will be published on February 20, 2021.
- Appeal applications will be accepted until February 22, 2021.
- Appeals will be considered on February 23, 2021.
- The final results of the competition will be announced on February 24, 2021.
Interested candidates should send the package of competition documents to the following e-mail: email@example.com (indicating the vacancy/academic position and direction in the subject field) or submit it to the university at the address: Tsinandali St. N9. Tbilisi.
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 2 90 00 00 ext. 21
attachment 1 attachment 2