The goals of the Georgian National University SEU's Bachelor program in International Relations are:
• To give theoretical knowledge of international relations and political science. To teach the student the basic tendencies and the closest movements in the theory of international relations. Diplomatic, legal, and economic mechanisms for regulating relations between states. To create a certain idea about the aspects of state and international politics, globalization, and the current security problems and other challenges.
• To give field knowledge in the field of international relations in relation to the three regions. To enable the student to form his / her individual academic profile in accordance with his / her interests by studying international relations and policy aspects of the countries of the West, East, or Post-Soviet regions, as well as by studying a second foreign language characteristic of the respective region.
• To develop the student's ability to analyze and communicate current processes in the field of international relations. Ability to evaluate and reason logically, to solve problems in the field of international relations independently, to analyze analysis, to substantiate and to make logical conclusions, in verbal or written form, both in individual and teamwork.
• To develop the student's ability to think civilly and politically. To give knowledge about rights and duties towards the state. Understanding the importance of civic responsibility, both in relation to the state and in relation to other citizens, while protecting and respecting human rights and universal human values, both in the domestic state and in the global environment.
• The student is familiar with the basic concepts and theories of political science and international relations.
• Demonstrates knowledge of globalization and security issues.
• Demonstrates knowledge of foreign and domestic policy issues in the Western region.
• Demonstrates knowledge of foreign and domestic policy issues in the Eastern countries.
• Demonstrates knowledge of foreign and domestic policy issues in the region of post-Soviet countries.
• As a result of individual or group work, analyzes international and domestic state processes in the form of verbal as well as written and scientific research projects.
• Demonstrates state and civic thinking. Defends universal values.
A person with a full general education who has a relevant state-issued document (high school certificate) or a document equivalent to it and who, based on the results of the Unified National Entry Exams is eligible to study in the undergraduate education program of International Relations and pass the administrative registration in Georgian National University SEU.
Enrollment without passing the Unified National Entry Exams
Enrollment without passing the Unified National Entry Exams in accordance with the rules established by the legislation of Georgia is allowed:
• For foreign citizens and stateless persons who have received full general or equivalent education in a foreign country;
• For citizens of Georgia who have received full general or equivalent education in a foreign country and have studied in a foreign country for the last 2 years of full general education;
• For foreign nationals (except for students participating in a joint higher education program and students participating in an exchange education program) who are studying/have studied and have received credits/qualifications in a higher education institution recognized in accordance with the legislation of that country in a foreign country;
• For citizens of Georgia (except for students participating in the joint higher education program and students participating in the exchange education program), who live/have lived, study/have studied and received credits/qualifications for a period of time defined by the Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia in a recognized higher education institution of the country of the origin;
• The higher education institution is obliged to conduct an interview to determine the language proficiency of the persons provided for in this article and to provide access to the video recording of the said interview to the Ministry.
Bachelor of International Relations
Professor - Akaki Abzianidze