The goals of the Georgian National University SEU’s undergraduate program are following:
• To give theoretical knowledge about business and its environment. Students will gain knowledge about the principles of business functioning, the behavior of economic agents, and the regularities of the economic environment.
• Equip with theoretical knowledge and practical skills regarding the management of the organization. Students will learn the principles of performing various functions of the organization and their management; Learn about the management characteristics of organizations of different sizes and organizational designs; Understand the threats in the business environment and analyze their management methods; Study the importance of quality standards, advanced technologies and innovations in the modern business environment and ways to successfully implement them; Acquire the quantitative and qualitative tools needed for research;
• To acquire the ability to communicate in the business world. Students will develop skills such as written and oral communication in Georgian and foreign languages; They will study the organization's communication in the internal and external environment and the use of modern technologies in this process;
• Develop the ability to work in a team and manage it. Realize the peculiarities of the working environment; Learn about the specifics of working in a team, the motives of individual and team behavior; They will explore ways to respond quickly to problems and resolve conflicts while working in a team;
• Develop managerial thinking to manage oneself, the organization, activities in a global environment, relationships, and change. In the final phase of the program, courses are introduced in the learning process, which, on the one hand, expands the knowledge already acquired by the student, and on the other hand, especially strengthens the practical component of the educational program. Students will explore the features and approaches of management in a multicultural environment; Learn about the methods of implementing strategies in different types of markets and analyzing the internal and external environment; Master the methods and features of project management.
Graduate of the Georgian National University SEU Bachelor's Degree Program in Management:
• Is familiar with the essence, peculiarities and challenges of modern business;
• Evaluates economic events, processes and connects them with business;
• Chooses forms of communication with the internal and external environment of the organization;
• Uses organizational resource management methods and tools;
• Reveals the motives of individual and team behavior and takes them into account when making decisions;
• Develops the project and substantiates its feasibility by quantitative and / or qualitative research and communication of its results;
• Distinguishes between types of business strategies and discusses their planning, implementation and evaluation;
• Uses modern technologies in the process of performing managerial functions;
• Develops five components of managerial thinking: reflexive thinking, analytical thinking, global thinking, collaborative thinking, action-oriented thinking;
• Carries out planning, organization, leadership and control when working in a team or independently and is aware of the principles of ethics and social responsibility in this process.
A person with a full general education who has a relevant state-issued document (high school certificate) or a document equivalent to it and who, based on the results of the Unified National Entry Exams is eligible to study in the undergraduate education program of Management and pass the administrative registration in Georgian National University SEU.
Enrollment without passing the Unified National Entry Exams
Enrollment without passing the Unified National Entry Exams in accordance with the rules established by the legislation of Georgia is allowed:
• For foreign citizens and stateless persons who have received full general or equivalent education in a foreign country;
• For citizens of Georgia who have received full general or equivalent education in a foreign country and have studied in a foreign country for the last 2 years of full general education;
• For foreign nationals (except for students participating in a joint higher education program and students participating in an exchange education program) who are studying/have studied and have received credits/qualifications in a higher education institution recognized in accordance with the legislation of that country in a foreign country;
• For citizens of Georgia (except for students participating in the joint higher education program and students participating in the exchange education program), who live/have lived, study/have studied and received credits/qualifications for a period of time defined by The Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia in a recognized higher education institution of the country of the origin;
• The university conducts interviews to determine the language proficiency of those wishing to study without the Unified National Entry Exams and provides The Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia with a video recording of the interview.
Bachelor in Management
4 Years / 8 Semesters
Professor Valeri Mosiashvili