Georgian National University SEU announces a scientific grant competition for the academic staff.
The scope, goals and priorities of the grant competition:
Research and/or research development grants:
- Initiation of scientific research and innovative projects and preparation of proposals, development of new ideas, drafting of innovative proposals and development of a concept;
- Initiation of pilot scientific-research projects to successfully find external research grants in the future;
- Planning and elaboration of cooperative scientific projects with public and private sector practitioners and creative industries.
Grants in support of scientific-research activities:
- Scientific development activities, including short-term scientific visits to other universities or research institutes in Georgia or abroad. Also, development of joint projects with partner higher education and research institutes and so-called industrial fellowship;
- Dissemination of research results, financing/co-financing the publication of journals and monographs as well as research skills training to increase the capacity of researchers;
- Attendance at scientific events, training and seminars aimed at improving skills in successful project application preparation, grant management and reporting management;
- Preparation of intellectual property results, their relevant patenting and commercialization;
- Dissemination of research results through active participation in national and international scientific conferences.
Grant competition requirements:
- Only a SEU affiliate professor is eligible for taking the position of a project manager.
- The project team may include SEU affiliated, academic and visiting staff as well as SEU graduate students and external experts;
- External experts involved in the project may be invited from abroad, or staff from other Georgian universities and research institutes, both in the private and governmental, and civil sectors. It is estimated that only 20% of the staff of the grant-receiving research team be staffed by external experts/staff;
- Grant application and research should be in line with the University's core educational backgrounds and higher education development priorities;
- The research project should be completed and its results should be published on behalf of the University as well as a joint project using the name of the University;
- The content of the research should be a novelty for the Georgian educational environment and should not replicate the content of the research/publications already done;
- It is necessary to use adequate sources and research methods relevant to modern scientific advances;
- If necessary, the grant applicant should have agreed with the respective owners of the copyright and related rights to use the sources containing these rights before submitting the application;
- University ethics and academic integrity standards apply to all project participants from the submission of a grant application to the completion of the research;
- An important prerequisite for participation in the competition is the research project to require the participation/involvement of students/young researchers in the research;
- The results of the research project obtained through the grant project should be integrated into the teaching.
The research priorities:
- Business, Economics, Tourism, Administration;
- International Relations;
Preference will be given to interdisciplinary as well as research projects being co-financed by other institutions.
Budget, duration, deadlines and types of expenses:
- Budget for research and/or research development grants: the maximum annual budget for each project amounts to 20,000 GEL;
- Budget for grants supporting scientific-research activities: the maximum annual budget for each project amounts to 5,000 GEL;
- Duration: the maximum duration of the project is 3 years;
- Deadlines: project implementation should start from October 1, 2021;
- Expenses: the following costs may be required: staff costs including payments, travel and living expenses, administrative and laboratory equipment, printing, typesetting, project promotion and other necessary services.
Deadlines for receiving and reviewing grant applications:
Grant applications will be accepted from June 1 to July 15, 2021.
The grant application must be submitted in the form established by the University, encompassing the following criteria:
- Project argumentation and basis: description of the current situation in the field of research, past and current activities, review of additional projects, similar projects implemented locally.
- Project impact: impact on societal challenges and relevant field, target groups and their needs, popularization and dissemination of project results.
- Project plan: activity description, expected activities and results, expertise of team members, required infrastructure and its availability, project risks and risk mitigation measures.
- Budget proposal specifying the expenses: possible sources of funding and possible assistance from other sources.
- Autobiographies of the research team members (with publications).
See Application Forms: Application 1 Application 2 Application 3
The results of the competition will be published on the SEU website after the relevant deadlines expire.
Grant applications will be accepted only electronically through the following email: email@example.com
The application must be submitted in accordance with the University Grant Application Form along with the autobiographies (publications) of the research team members.