Georgian National University SEU is a partner institution in the ERASMUS+ SPRING Project (SETTING PEER REVIEW INSTRUMENTS AND GOALS FOR MEDICAL (HEALTH) EDUCATION) project 609528-EPP-1-2019-1-GE-EPPKA2-CBHE-JP» The project serves to enhance the potential of the universities in the field of higher education in medicine. The aim is to improve the quality of medical education in participating partner countries.
- Raising awareness on the peer review process as an effective instrument for substantiating ongoing improvements in academic and administrative domains of medical schools in targeted partner countries and beyond.
- Establishing a multinational peer review board (MPRB).
- Establishing and building consistency for a continuous peer-review process of academic programs and processes and administrative policies, procedures and actions across the targeted partner countries and beyond.
- Capacity building of faculty members and administrative staff in a. conducting effective self-assessment tasks; and b. peer-reviewing of their vis-à-vis.
- Establishing an annual scientific-practical journal of “Peer Review in Medical/Health Education for Eastern Europe and Central Asia (PRIMED-EECA)”.
- Enhancing the internationalization of HEIs in partner countries.
- Disseminating the information on project achievements and other final products to participant institutions in program and partner countries as well as respective ministries and national agencies concerned about health/education in EECA at large.
Anticipated results of the project:
Outcome 1: Increased awareness of the peer review process in academic and administrative domains in partner country institutions
Outcome 2: A Multinational Peer Review Board (MPRB) established and functional
Outcome 3: Consistency of a continuous peer-review process of academic programs and processes and administrative policies, procedures and actions in the partner country institutions achieved
Outcome 4: Capacity of faculty members and administrative staff in a. conducting effective self-assessment tasks; and b. peer-reviewing of their vis-à-vis increased
Outcome 5: The level of internationalization HEIs in partner countries elevated
Partner Country institutions:
- BAU Batumi International University
- Tbilisi State Medical University
- Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy
- Georgian National University SEU
- Nicolae Testemitanu State University of Medicine and Pharmacy
- Technical University of Moldova
- International Sakharov Environmental Institute of Belarusian State University
- Grodno State Medical University
- Sanzhar Asfendiyarov Kazakh national medical University
- Avicenna Tajik State Medical University
- Khatlon State Medical University
- Medical University Sofia
- Lithuanian University of Health Sciences