Rule of enrollment in master's degree
A person with at least a Bachelor or equivalent academic degree, has right to study on Master programme on the basis of Unified Master Exams, / International Exams, Internal / External Mobility, or without passing the Unified Master's exams in accordance with the rules established by the legislation of Georgia.
Additional terms for admission are mastery of foreign language on at least B2 level.
Registration of Master Candidates
In order to pass a Master's Exams by SEU, the administrative registration of Master's Candidates is conducted in SEU, within the timeframe established by the order of rector.
The administrative registration includes the following documents required from the Master candidate;
- Copy of Identity Card
- Qualification Document (Bachelor's Degree, Certificate on Granting Qualification)
- Unified Master Examination Card
- Results of the unified master's exam
- Photo 3x4 and CD
- Certificate of military registration (for boys)
- At least B2 level certificate, certifying the knowledge of the foreign language. ( Cambridge FCE; BEC Vantage, IELTS 5; TOEFL iBT 87, PTE General Level 3, PTE Academic 59, Trinity ISE II)
Master candidate has the right to appeal to the appeal’s council of SEU’s Master examination witch reviews complaints within 3 days after the published results of an examination of Master candidates on the official website of SEU. Council reviews complaints within the two days after the deadline of submitted applications and makes a decision on the satisfaction of claims or non-satisfaction.
From the end of the work of the Appeal’s Council, SEU issues an order of enrollment on Masters in accordance with the legislation.
Enrollment without Master Exams
Studying without a unified master's exam in SEU is possible:
- For graduate students who have obtained the document confirming the academic degree of higher education abroad;
- For persons (except students participating in the Joint Program) who are studying/were studying and received credits/qualifications on abroad, in master's programme of higher education institution recognized in accordance with the legislation of this country;
- For graduate students who have been enrolled in Higher Education Institutions pursuant to Article 52 (3) of the Law of Georgia on Higher Education, in particular:
- For foreign country’s citizens and for persons without citizenship, who have received full general or equivalent education in a foreign country;
- For Georgian citizens who have received full general or equivalent education in foreign countries and have learned the last 2 years of full general education on abroad.
- For students (except students participating in the joint program) who are studying/were studying and received credits/qualifications in a foreign country recognized in accordance with the legislation of this country.