Georgian National University SEU will be hosting an Online Week on “Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainable Development” on December 13-17
For companies, CSR has increasingly become one of the best ways to communicate with the general public and customers and to deliver relevant messages. At the same time, following the current trends in the world, more and more organizations in Georgia are taking interest in sustainable development issues, and are trying to contribute in this regard. During the Week, business and academia representatives will talk about these challenges, suggest ways to solve problems and share best practices.
During the week, the following pressing issues regarding CSR will be discussed:
13th of December - Webinar on “the Role of Leaders in Modern Society - Sustainable Development”
- Speaker: Davit Chakhvashvili, Professor at Georgian National University SEU, Head of the Master’s Program in Human Resources Management
- The webinar will address the challenges faced by leaders in the context of bringing community sustainability issues to the forefront, and will explain the ways in which leaders can contribute to the sustainable development of their organizations and the environment.
- Time: 12:00 p.m.
14th of December - Webinar on “CSR and Marketing”
- Speaker: Tamar Khosroshvili, Marketing Manager of Porsche Center Tbilisi and Mazda Center Tegeta; Public Relations Manager.
- The webinar will address the importance of corporate social responsibility and its role in a commercial organization, as well as discussing the Porsche CSR activities.
- Time: 17:00
15th of December - Webinar on “Corporate Social Responsibility - The New Reality of Business”
- Speaker: Lela Khoperia, Head of Corporate Social Responsibility Program at Georgian Center for Strategic Research and Development.
- The webinar will address the role of companies in modern society and their responsibilities to the public as well as the following questions: Why should companies take on new, additional responsibilities in order to succeed? How has public awareness changed and how does this affect companies’ activities or their communication with the public? What are the forms and models of corporate responsibility implementation?
- Time: 15:30
16th of December - Meeting with Tamar Gochashvili, the Head of CSR of the Bank of Georgia
- During the meeting, the CSR strategy of the Bank of Georgia and the implemented projects will be discussed.
- Time: 16:00
17th of December
- Webinar on “the Concept of Sustainable Business AND CSR”
- Speaker: Tengiz Taktakishvili, Associate Professor at Georgian National University SEU, Head of the Bachelor’s Program in Management, Mariam Labuchidze, speacialist of strategic communication
- The webinar will address the concept of sustainable business, its driving forces, business response to current sustainability issues and the benefits of sustainability for business.
- Time: 18:00