SEU Achievements 2020
30 December, 2020
Georgian National University SEU is the most demanded private higher education institution in Georgia according to the results of the Unified National Examinations 2020.
- 2597 students joined SEU in 2020
- A memorandum of understanding was signed between Georgian National University SEU and Memorial Hospitals Group. Under the memorandum, the SEU students of the Faculty of Medicine will have the opportunity to visit Memorial Hospitals Group clinics for a short-term educational program and gain hands-on experience. The Memorial Hospitals Group complex in Turkey includes 11 hospitals, the largest of which is Memorial Bahçelievler Hospital, a 72,000-square-meter hospital located in Istanbul, with 340 beds and equipped with the latest equipment and technology.
- Re-accreditations - Undergraduate programs in Tourism and Psychology and Management and Finance have been successfully accredited. The programs have been granted 7-year re-accreditation.
- The Faculty of Law of Georgian National University SEU became a member of the Association of European Law Faculties "ELFA".
- For the first time in Georgia, in partnership with Uczelnia Łazarskiego Lazarski University in Poland, Georgian National University SEU held the first online international scientific conference "Modern Challenges in Economics and Business in the Background of the COVID-19 Crisis and Challenge".
- Georgian National University SEU became a member of the European Association for International Education (EAIE).
- Georgian National University SEU became a member of the European Medical Education Association (AMEE).
- The Faculty of Medicine of Georgian National University SEU became a member of the Association of Medical Schools in Europe (AMSE).
- A cooperation agreement was signed between SEU and the Neiron Academy of Artificial Intelligence.
- A memorandum of understanding was signed between Georgian National University SEU and NATO & EU Info Centre of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- In October 2020, Georgian National University SEU launched a teaching and research project on "Human Rights, Social Challenges and Social Work" in partnership with the University of St. Gallen in Switzerland.
- On October 14, a memorandum of understanding was signed between SEU and the NGO of Institutional and Capacity Development Center.
- On October 29, Georgian National University SEU, Vano Sarajishvili Tbilisi State Conservatory, Caucasus University and Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University signed a Memorandum of Understanding.
- Georgian National University SEU received a grant from the British Council.
- In 2020, the translation of the book "Foundations of Business 6th Edition" William M. Pride, Robert J. Hughes, Jack R. Kapoor, 2018 was completed, which was jointly funded by a grant obtained under the US Embassy Book Translation Program and SEU.
- The following three research projects were completed: “COVID-19 challenges: New Global and European Social Order","Modern State, Justice, Human Rights" and (Nodar Sarjveladze).
- Under international cooperation, online scientific conferences were organized by SEU together with the world's leading universities.
- Business Lab and Center for Psychological Counseling were also founded.
- During the year, SEU organized about 300 online webinars and public lectures by both Georgian and foreign invited speakers.
SEU and Pandemic:
- As of March 1, all students with incurring depts of tuition fees from previous years were remitted a fine and also, all students have been given the opportunity to defer their tuition fees for the 2020 spring semester by 50 days. 8000 students benefited from this relief;
- SEU has provided lecturers and all students with a licensed unlimited premium package of ZOOM FOR EDUCAITON to avoid technical shortcomings in distance learning; continuous online meetings and consultations for the implementation of the program were actively held and constant consultations were also organized to facilitate easy adaptation and elimination of any potential issues;
- In the process of distance learning, we found that students and faculty did not have access to computers and the Internet. To address the problem, SEU purchased internet packages and provided them with computer equipment throughout Georgia to attend and conduct lectures or seminars without delay; there were more than 200 of them in total;
- University databases have been updated, the book fund of the SEU library has been completely digitized to prevent the students from facing a problem in preparing undergraduate and graduate theses;
- A flexible distance schedule was created - the student chose the desired subject and attended the distance lecture and seminar according to the table;
- Lectures and seminars were recorded and uploaded on the university server, to which the students have access and opportunity to get acquainted with new material at any time of their convenience;
- Organized by the Career Development Center and with the involvement of industry leaders, a number of online trainings or webinars are also planned to promote career growth;
- At the initiative of the SEU School of Medicine, a number of online panel discussions were held on important topics such as: "Management of COVID-19 in Intensive Care" and "Management and Monitoring of COVID-19";
- SEU is the only university that has been conducting midterm and final exams electronically for 2 years now - a student can take the exam anytime, anywhere. This action has further facilitated the fact that our students and professors have easily adapted to the new learning process;
- The Ministry of Defense of Georgia shall provide 50% of the tuition fees for servicemen enrolled in SEU and their family members. The additional 50% of the tuition fee will be covered by Georgian National University SEU, i.e. they will enjoy a 100% study grant in total;
- SEU allocated workplace for 112 and 144 Call Center operators on new campus.