This program aims of preparing education experts, managers, quality assurance service personnel, education policy researchers and experts, that will be equipped with the modern, relevant, international (Western) standard view of education and the practical skills of education system development.
The goal of the program is to prepare graduates, who will be ready for professional realization of themselves in modern education field and will have internationalization of the challenges faced by modern education: globalization of labor markets, the need for synthesis of theory and practice, introduction of innovative educational technologies, introducing complex and interdisciplinary themes in education, establishing vision-oriented views in the country's educational system, maximizing the concept of conceptual issues and trends in the field.
• Possess theoretical knowledge based on modern topical research on complex issues of education administration; Knows the main directions of educational systems and policies;
• Is familiar with the legal mechanisms governing the interaction of systemic connections, educational institutions and actors of the educational system in the field of education;
• Discusses theories of financial administration, governance, leadership, and personnel management in the education system;
• Has knowledge of the administration of processes in a general education or higher education institution;
• Realizes the importance of the social role of the educational institution;
• Is able to operate in a new, unpredictable and multidisciplinary environment; Finding new, original ways to solve complex problems, including conducting research independently using the latest methods and approaches;
• Analyzes the situation in the education system, plans to identify problems and apply the optimal methodology and ways to solve it;
• Is be able to analyze the existing policy in the field of education and develop recommendations for the development of the education system; Can assess the quality assurance system in the educational structure, can monitoring and evaluation of educational processes;
• Develops a strategy for the development of the educational institution in the context of the globalization of the education system and educational markets;
• Is able to critically analyze research data, scientific sources and other data; Adherence to standards of ethics and academic honesty.
A person with at least a Bachelor's degree or equivalent education who holds a relevant state-certified diploma in the following fields: Business Administration, Education, Social Sciences and/ or has work experience in the education system has the right to study at the Master's program.
The candidate will be eligible to study at the program based on the results of the Unified National Examinations for Master’s Degree and university exams. Additional requirements for admission to the Master's program at SEU are as follows: Internal university exams in specialty and English (B2 level). Confirmation of B2 level command is possible with a document certifying the relevant level of English language proficiency.
The first stage of accepting a candidate for the program is the evaluation of the candidate according to the formal requirements, while the second stage includes an interview with the selection commission.
Admission to the Master's program without passing the Unified Master's Exams is allowed:
• For Master's degree candidates who have received a document certifying the academic degree of higher education in a foreign country;
• For persons (except for students participating in a joint higher education program and students participating in an exchange education program) who have lived in a foreign country for the last one year or more, are studying or have studied and received Master's degree credits/qualifications from a higher education institution recognized in a foreign country;
• For Master's degree candidates who have been enrolled in a higher education institution in accordance with paragraph 3 of Article 52 of the Law of Georgia on Higher Education, in particular:
• For foreign nationals and stateless persons who have received full general or equivalent education in a foreign country;
• For Georgian citizens who have received full general or equivalent education in a foreign country and have studied in a foreign country for the last 2 years of full general education;
• For persons (except for students participating in a joint higher education program and students participating in an exchange education program) who have lived in a foreign country for the last one year or more, are studying or have studied and received credits/qualifications in a higher education institution recognized under foreign law.
Admission of students from other higher education institutions/programs to the Master's program through mobility is carried out in accordance with the rules established by the Order N 10/N of the Minister of Education and Science of February 4, 2010. After obtaining the right to study for a Master's program, in order to be enrolled in the program, a Master's candidate is required to pass a university exam in a specialty and in a foreign (English) language.
The specialty exam questions are approved by the university and are published along with the registration of the entrants to the program. Enrollment in the program based on a result of a foreign language (English) exam will be available for students with at least B2 level of foreign language (English) proficiency in accordance with the European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
Proof of English Language proficiency is possible with a document certifying proficiency in English, such as:
• BEC exam and CELS exam – Vantage
• Cambridge exam – FCE
• Pritman ESOL International
• TOEIC – 541
• TOEFL – 500 (Paper - based)
173 (Computer - based)
61 (Internet - based)
Master of education management
Professor Tamar Kakutia