Information Technology and Systems Undergraduate Program in Business The aim of the graduates is to have a thorough knowledge in the field of design, design and modeling of marketing systems and computer systems. These courses include the study of complex information systems that enable the management of business processes and business data, information management and data processing.
The specific goals of the bachelor's degree program "Information Technologies and Systems in Business" are:
• To provide graduates with the general knowledge and skills needed to design information systems software;
• To train highly qualified information systems specialists, who will be equipped with knowledge of systems software development, integration, operation and implementation issues;
• To provide graduates with the skills to use information systems and tools in other fields, in particular, in marketing and management;
• To create a solid basis for graduates to continue their studies at a later stage and for continuous professional development.
The learning outcomes of the undergraduate educational program "Information Technologies and Systems in Business" are in line with the goals of the program and include the basic knowledge, skills, responsibilities and autonomy provided by the content:
• Defines special issues in the field of information systems to identify, formulate and solve problems related to the field;
• Understand the fundamental features of information technologies and systems;
• Distinguishes a wide range of tasks in the field of information systems, which includes a critical understanding of software theories and principles and the latest aspects of knowledge;
• Identifies, formulates, analyzes and solves theoretical and practical problems of marketing and management computer systems in accordance with the pre-defined instructions in the software;
• Designs (including research elements), integrates and implements computer systems according to pre-defined instructions;
• Communicates ideas, problems and solutions with specialists and non-specialists in context-appropriate forms, using information and communication technologies;
• Realizes the responsibility of making professional decisions based on ethical norms;
• In the conditions of rapid development of technologies, determines the need for further study, makes decisions independently for professional and career development.
Admission requirements for the Bachelor’s Program of Information Technology and Systems in Business are in accordance with current legislation, laid out in the regulatory framework for the study process, posted on the website, and available to all interested parties.
A person with a full general education who has a relevant state certificate is eligible to study for the Bachelor's Program of Information Technology and Systems in Business based on the results of the Unified National Examinations.
According to the rules established by the legislation of Georgia, it is allowed to study Information Technology and Systems in Business program without passing the Unified National Examinations:
• For foreign nationals and stateless persons who have received full general or equivalent education in a foreign country;
• For Georgian citizens who have received full general or equivalent education in a foreign country and have studied in a foreign country for the last 2 years of full general education;
• For foreign nationals (except for students participating in a joint higher education program and students participating in an exchange education program) who study / have studied and have received credits / qualifications in a higher education institution recognized in accordance with the legislation of that foreign country;
• For citizens of Georgia (except for students participating in the joint higher education program and students participating in the exchange education program), who live / have lived, study/ have studied and received credits / qualifications in higher education recognized in accordance with the legislation of that country;
• The University conducts interviews to determine the language proficiency of those wishing to study without the Unified National Examinations and provides the Ministry of Education, Science, Sports and Culture with a transcript of the interview. Student enrollment in a bachelor's program of Information Technology and Systems in Business is also done through mobility. A person whose enrollment in a higher education institution has been carried out in accordance with the rules established by law and is a student of the institution wishing to register for mobility on the electronic portal of the Education Management Information System has the right to mobility. A person who has suspended his / her student status or terminated status for 12 months after the termination of his / her status is also entitled to mobility.
Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems